Thursday, March 6, 2008

Bad Day x2


I thought I was having a bad day. Got a bad review from my university supervisor and felt like crap because I agreed with him. I was an ineffective teacher today. But no matter how crappy my days are, I realized how bad Amanda's days can be. Mine are nothing in comparison.

On a daily basis, she is dealing with keeping new borns alive. But there are occasionally those that will not make it. She has to deal with death. It forces her to grieve but also help families grieve. Then when it's all done with, she has the duty of wrapping up the body in plastic and uncerimoniously carrying the child down to the morgue, leaving something she spent time caring for and nurturing lying on a hard, cold table.

Makes me feel bad thinking about that, but puts things into perspective how my bad days aren't so bad.

No comments: