Saturday, September 27, 2008

6 Months of Unwritten Stories


So it's been six months. It' s time for a new post.
Big changes have rumbled through the summer. Shortly after the school year ended, I was offered a job at the school at which I most wanted to work. I picked up a summer job shortly thereafter. It was my first job in fast-food. The job was good because when the shift was over, I could forget all about work. In June, the baby arrived and I took a couple weeks to be with the new family. My life changed. It took a little while to adjustment my own behavior to be more of a family man, but it eventually began and continues to develop. The summer job ended, the school year started, and I am now a professional teacher. I still have a ton to learn about teaching, and I am attempting to get through the year. I have to balance building curriculum with completing meetings and paperwork and with spending time with my new love: my child.
Six months of living creates a full biography of stories. Many of those will go untold. Hopefully, the stories won't go unremembered.

No comments: