Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lawn Mower Ingenuity & Keggers


Changed the oil on a lawnmower for the first time. The instruction manual was less-than-helpful in describing how to accomplish the feat. It did give a picture of where the drain hole is located, but not what tool to use to remove the plug. It was a large square hole which was too big for any standard flat head screwdriver to span the hole. I eventually used the ratchet extender head which would have fit perfectly if it weren't for the spring-loaded ball which lock on the sockets. Never the less, it worked wonderfully.
Last night, Rich's party was indeed a kegger that reminded me of house parties from college, just with far fewer in attendance. I felt that I had nothing in common with many of the people and realized that there were a few underage drinkers there. Keeping in mind that I am going to be a teacher, I made sure that Sqeaky and I left before the city's noise ordinance went into effect. I was not going to put myself in the position for the cops to show up, issue me a contribution ticket, and cause me to be removed from the education program.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm just waiting for an update! Love the blog! The lawnmower photo is fantastic. You always were inventive.