Thursday, August 16, 2007

Friends Grow on You


Today I realized how close I am to my friends. We don't often talk or call each other, unless it is reference to our regular Saturday night get-together, but I am willing to do so much for them.
Rich called to say his birthday party is going to be a kegger on a Friday... not grilling at the lake on a Saturday like I originally expected. It didn't cause me to hesitate one bit even though I don't really like those types of parties. I immediately took it upon myself to call our mutual friends and inform them of the change. I want him to have a great party and did whatever I could to make it happen, even if it isn't my ideal party.
I'm really glad that work on Fridays (and Saturday afternoon) is done now so I can kick back and enjoy my time with him. I kinda like this "regular" office-hour job. It might be easy to get used to.

No comments: